[talk-au] ODBL yet again, but from a pragmatic approach...

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 04:57:11 BST 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:53 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It just got pointed out to me, but anyone that has ever derived data
> from Nearmap can't agree to the new Contributor Terms, not to mention
> new users that already agreed to the new CTs shouldn't be deriving
> data from Nearmap.

Oh no. I remember now that when I signed up I agreed to the CTs (not
sure which version, if it has changed), I did this with the mindset
that any copyright that was assigned to me arising from my
contributions, is a copyright that I don't want, and I would rather
have that work placed in the public domain, and (not being a lawyer
and not being able to completely understand the CTs) that clicking
agree would make my contributions closer to the public domain.

But I have since (after forgetting the CTs) also made contributions
derived from Nearmap imagery. So it seems I have broken my agreement
to the CTs.

What should I do? Can I "unagree" to the CTs?