[talk-au] ODBL yet again, but from a pragmatic approach...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:42:47 BST 2010

On 29 July 2010 23:34, David Groom <reviews at pacific-rim.net> wrote:
> 1) YOU have to ask Nearmap if they are OK with YOU using their imagery under
> the terms of the CT

Which they aren't so...

> 2) you cant use Nearmap imagery for tracing, and you should ask for all your
> edits where you have used Nearmap imagery to be reversed out of the
> database.

What would be more interesting is figuring out how many others would
be effected by this, there was some number kicking about the other
week somewhere in the order of 30k new users that agreed to the new
CTs, if even 0.5% of them traced from nearmap without using source=*
tags how would we even know or where would we even begin to deal with
this problem?

I doubt many of the people effected would even know they are breaching
Nearmap terms and conditions...