[talk-au] NearMap support for OSM editing

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 23:35:51 BST 2010

On 9 June 2010 08:27, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does OSMF have a policy regarding this? In particular, how will you
> ensure that contributors via Nearmap agree to the OSM/OSMF
> contributing terms/license?

Strictly speaking the user could give Nearmap non-exclusive rights to
their edits and in turn Nearmap gives the same rights to OSM when the
data is uploaded. That said I've been in a similar situation about
people not wanting to create an account to use a POI mapping app I
created for mobile phones, in that case I didn't take the easy way out
and have a single account for all edits, but it's very temping to do
things that way.