[talk-au] Things that would be nice if they rendered...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 05:52:12 BST 2010

On 9 June 2010 14:14, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> One thing Id like to see tagged in some way, is railway ends.  These are
> tagged as railway=buffer_stop, but dont have any indication on the
> rendered map.  This makes it difficult sometimes to know if a track ends
> at the node, or if it simply hasnt been mapped any further.  All it
> would need is a single black dot, or an X or something at the end of the
> line.

I'd suggest asking for it to render identically to barrier=bollard or
you could point to a SVG image, not sure if the JOSM image is SVG or
not.

> How do we go about getting these ideas added to the map?  Interestingly,

You go to http://trac.openstreetmap.org and click the 'login' link,
then you search (top right) for similar terms to make sure there isn't
another bug already, otherwise click on 'New Ticket', change the type
from defect to enhancement, then change the 'Component' from 'admin'
to 'mapnik' then you just need to type in a short description such as
'It'd be nice to render railway=buffer_stop' and then a slightly
longer description below it on how you think it could be rendered etc.