[talk-au] Generating good looking PDF/SVG maps?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 05:12:46 BST 2010

Its on my list to set up an OpenOfficeDraw template where all you need
todo is to copy the pdf from walking-papers.org and paste it into the
document, and move it to the bottom layer. Then edit the title and the
legend and the POI list to suit the area.

I know that doesnt help you today, but there are people working on it :)

Every printed map, needs to have some manual creative work done on it.

The technology from Open Orienteeringmap is close, but it doesnt
support mapnik. And hikebikemap.de has a great rendering, but isnt on
walking-papers.org, nor OpenOrienteeringmap

Its also on maposmatic's list to get a proper legend, as well as maperitive.

inkscape allows for svg opening & saving it as a Oo file, to break
apart and easily manipulate the map.

Cheers,
Sam