[talk-au] Australian Coastline

Markus markus_g at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 22 00:33:27 BST 2010

Are you meaning the horizontal line half way between Vic and Tas in bass
straight? If it is it is the state border between the two not the maritime
boarder.

I am currently tidying the existing maritime boarder to correctly render
with mgkmap and mapnik using osm rules for maritime boarders. It doesn't
seem to need the baseline I was talking about originally.

The line around the coast is the 12nm zone that we now can see.

http://www.ga.gov.au/oceans/mc_amb-bndrs.jsp

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Maritime_borders

If I have made a mistake interpreting it let me know.

Markus

  _____