[talk-au] Importing GPX into JOSM question?

Markus markus_g at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 25 09:41:28 BST 2010

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to import names of tracks from a gpx file
into JOSM to automatically name each way.

Normally I take a shape file and convert it to a gpx file. Then I load it
into JOSM and make it a data layer, but as soon as I do that the info
descriptions disappear.

I want to add lakes to the SA National Parks but don't want to type out each
name.

Regards,

Markus.