[talk-au] CC-BY-A data released for Victoria

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:56:55 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another possibility is that we just say - OSM is just a repository for this
> data and we don't modify it in any way, or add to it,
> and then just do a complete bulk import every time a new version becomes
> available.

Another possibility (that I *much* prefer) is that the available data
is used in the same was as, say, aerial imagery - i.e. not bulk
imported, but used directly and interactively by mappers. This is why
I think John is wrong to be "protective" of data that could be useful
- I see it as analogous to being "protective" of, say, aerial imagery.