[talk-au] Bus, tram and train stop data license change

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:30:03 GMT 2010

On 4 March 2010 14:20, Alex Lum <sierra.oscar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any thoughts? I'm inclined not to proceed with importing or deriving
> from the data if it's likely to be an issue, even though it's probably
> on pretty safe ground given that the data actually was released under
> a CC license albeit for a ten day window, and I retrieved it under
> those terms and the Terms of Use of the website.

At a guess this seems to be one of those situations like a supermarket
that prices the item wrongly, and when they realised they changed it,
but of course when things end up on the internet they often aren't
forgotten in a hurry.

I guess it depends on your moral point of view here, since either way
copyright no longer applies on a simple DB of facts any more in
Australia.