[talk-au] more broken boundaries

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Mar 6 03:41:25 GMT 2010

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Neil Penman wrote:
>  One of the attached changesets indicates that the purpose was to separate
>  administrative boundaries from roads, whereas recently I have been tagging
>  administrative boundaries with keys for highways or waterways that follow
>  the same course. Is there a consensus on the right way to go on this?

I can't claim a consensus
but I do not reuse the nodes of an admin boundary for a road.
Roads do change at the whim of the local council as they realign corners etc.
It also makes editing the roads difficult - and here it makes it hard for a
new user to edit the road without breaking the admin boundary.
I do reuse the nodes for waterways because they are far more accurate than
anything I can achieve for a river off Landsat imagery, and I have no other
means of mapping the waterways in western NSW.