[talk-au] routable garmin maps

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 07:11:50 BST 2010

On 28 March 2010 16:04,  <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> I find that the use of NHA17; NHA20; NHA1 and NHA8 as route designations
> is quite silly.

I think A17, A1 and A8 is correct, and instead use network=NH

> No road sign says NH anything.

No, but they do show the word 'NATIONAL' on them

> we have a good schema now where the NH bit goes in a relation

Doesn't have to be a relation, but it makes sense for most major and
semi-major roads, in the same way it make sense to put highway names
in the same or their own relation so local street names can also be
used without cramming a bunch of information into a single tag...