[talk-au] Nearmap Coverage

Peter Ross peter at emailross.com
Sun May 2 23:23:38 BST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:03 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was curious how much actual coverage Nearmap currently has, and
> since we have boundaries for Nearmap coverage I thought I'd make use
> of them. I rounded the area to 2dp, but here is the result...
>
> Sydney = 9054.79km^2
> Carnarvon = 2352.25km^2
> Perth = 32454.66km^2
> Rottness = 34.49km^2
> Adelaide = 10277.89km^2
> Cenberra = 1176.01km^2
> St George = 9786.45km^2
> Melbourne = 48838.13km^2
> Total = 113974.67km^2

Which is 1.5% of australias total surface area (7 692 024km^2) with
victoria leading the way with 20% of the state having aerial coverage
(237,629km^2).  I think it's somewhat less as the melbourne coverage
extends into NSW, but even so it's very impressive.  If they fly
ballarat then all the major regional centres of victoria would be
covered which would be great.