[talk-au] rendering fords

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Sat May 8 02:16:23 BST 2010

On 08/05/10 10:19, edodd at billiau.net wrote:

> so the tag needs an icon
> a design is suggested but it needs drawing out so it can progress through
> to being rendered
> anyone can make a set of icons (for different colours of roads)?

I was revisiting fords because I noticed an icon already in use for
highway=ford when applied to a single node.  See:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-34.549231&lon=148.352637&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

> and we could use whatever layer tag is more appropriate
> as well as note that these may also be described as "causeway" in Au and
> shouldn't be confused with causeway

Not to mention the difference between a ford and a floodway.  Sometimes
the distinction isn't clear, and best left to the mapper.

John H