[talk-au] rendering fords

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Sat May 8 06:11:37 BST 2010

On 08/05/10 12:55, John Smith wrote:

> But you didn't answer the question, what's the difference between a
> floodway and a ford?

This is all off the top of my head, but a ford will generally have 
flowing water, and a floodway not (or be more slowly flowing).

A ford generally crosses a stream bed, whereas a floodway is the roadway 
part of an area subject to general inundation when floodwaters back up.

Both can be much too deep to cross when it's wet.

John H

More information about the Talk-au mailing list