[talk-au] Broadcast tower locations

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Tue May 18 04:00:37 BST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:41 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still after
> suggestions on how to tag multiple transponders for the same node, I
> don't think tagging multiple nodes on the same spot is a good idea,
> using a single node + multiple relations might work I suppose, but
> that doesn't seem optimal either.

Relations should only be used for "groups of objects in which each
object may take on a specific role".

I think the problem arises because it's ambiguous as to what you are
actually mapping. If mapping the *tower* (it seems you are, given
"<tag k='man_made' v='tower' />"), then I think *transponder*
information should not be shoehorned into the same element.

I'm not sure though...

Alternatively, if you think the *transponder* information really is a
characteristic of the *tower*, another option is to use
communications_transponder:frequency=0.729;0.891. Or, you could
instead do something like
communications_transponder=0.729_50000W_AM_vertical_omni;... etc.

A few options for you there.