[talk-au] General Observations.

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 03:20:04 BST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Brendan Morley <morb.gis at beagle.com.au> wrote:

> Yes, I would be *recording* what I *saw* in the field.

FWIW, I think Brendan's got a good point. It comes down to what's
verifiable. I disagree with Ross that an abbreviation mapping can only
work one way. It is possible to search for a Street and find a St just
as it is possible to search for a St and find a Street.

However, I don't think it's worth trying to change the convention at
this point. Spell "Street" in full, even if you only see "St" - only
because it's a convention that would be hard to change.