[talk-au] General Observations.

Brendan Morley morb.gis at beagle.com.au
Thu May 20 04:05:52 BST 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 12:13:38 +1000, Ross Scanlon wrote:

>> Think tourists who aren't familiar with the way we do things around here.

>I has nothing to do with usage it has everything to do with storage in the database.

>If we tell a tourist to go to Alpha Street they can then enter into a search engine Aplha Street or Alpha St or Alpha Str and the search engine can then search
appropriately.

I was thinking more about the situation where they use the map to navigate, either as a printout or even driving directions.  OSM tells them to use "East-West
Arterial Road" and all they can see on the sign is "EAST WEST ART RD"?  Is it the same thing?  Think about it the other way, what if you were trying to decipher,
for example, Japanese script?

Brendan