[talk-au] [Fwd:[OpenStreetMap] Tagging Tidal Ways]

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 23:09:29 BST 2010

On 26 May 2010 03:07, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> I received this follow-up email to a query about some strange tagging.
> I thought it was worth throwing out there to get the lists opinion on
> the appropriate way to tag this road.  In summary, it is 21km long and
> is one-way for 10.5hrs, dual-way for 1.5hr, then one-way in the opposite
> direction for 10.5hrs and dual-way again for 1.5hr.  Then just for fun,
> on weekends, the day/night pattern is reversed.

I've also seen roads that are one way in a particular direction based
on when the school bus is running and in which direction it is running
at that time of day.

There doesn't seem to be much point looking at opening_hours=*
tagging, since that generally only covers on or off.

The whole section of road would need to have the direction of the way
in the same direction so you could make simple references to
forward/backward.

After that it comes down to making stuff up and see how much flak you
cop on the tagging list :D

Since you didn't mention a starting time, I'm going to assume midnight.

oneway:forward=00:00-10:30
oneway:reversed=12:00-22:30