[talk-au] Locata augmenting GPS in GPS hostile areas

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 19:46:48 GMT 2010

I listened to the podcast of the Science Show last night.

It sounds like it is very similar to GPS technology in terms of how it
works, but the transmitters synchronise the time with each other in a
collaborative way. The clocks are not as accurate as an atomic clock, but
they are very accurate compared to each other.

Supposedly they get accuracy down to 2.5cm inside some mine site where they
are using it.

It's not DGPS, in that it is designed for places where you cannot get a GPS
signal.

 - Ben.