[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-talk] license change map

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 07:33:38 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au>
Date: 12 November 2010 11:37
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] license change map
To: Fabian Schmidt <fschmidt at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org

>From looking at a few different cities in this map, it is quite telling
what areas support the licence and which areas will be devastated by the
data loss.  Compare for example:

London city:
http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/?zoom=13&lat=51.49734&lon=-0.12444&layers=B0

Sydney city:
http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/?zoom=13&lat=-33.88527&lon=151.23352&layers=B0

Perth city:
http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/?zoom=13&lat=-31.95292&lon=115.91642&layers=B0

I also note, this map only shows the ways that are tagged/edited by
certain types of users.  What about POIs?  A street-map is great and
all, but without any indication of what objects are where, it only does
half the job.  Id like to know, for example, how many petrol stations or
public toilets, will be lost if CCBYSA-only data is excluded.

Im also curious, can you give an explanation of the 'treemap' you
included a link to?

David