[talk-au] license change map

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Mon Nov 22 04:18:35 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-21 at 15:13 +1100, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir wrote:
> I would think the better solution is to have the attribution simplified
> like Google Maps does. eg. Google Maps for canberra says "Copyright
> PSMA, MapQuest" etc.

Hang on a second...  you mean you goto google maps, and some of the data
displayed is coming from MapQuest (which as I now understand, through
their hiring of SteveC, have rights to a big chunk of free data?)?

Is that a typo, or is that basically exactly what we DONT want to
happen, when groups like google start using our data as a base, but wont
even consider giving us access to their data?

David