[talk-au] Fwd: license change map

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Nov 22 20:02:10 GMT 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:59:13 -0800 (PST)
Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

>  Because when you engage with the guys who are
> doing stuff, make suggestions, talk to them in a friendly manner, the
> result is better for everyone. That applies as much to licence
> discussions as it does to OSM software or website development. But
> when you throw assumptions and resentment around and assume the
> worst, yes, the worst usually happens.

I find this quite offensive. Because I have discussed things and asked
questions, while indicating that I do not agree, I have been treated
extremely rudely on other OSM mailing lists, in particular by persons
in 'high places'. I have been labelled a 'troll' which I am not, and
been the subject of personal abuse by SteveC.

All that has happened is polarisation of the debate, and I firmly
suggest that if you read talk-au you never post again.