[talk-au] license change map

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:13:23 GMT 2010

Hi.

I'm not sure this would work in practice. As others have said, it would be
very difficult (effectively impossible) to know which of the many edits I
have made in the last 3 years relied on data where the author doesn't now
agree to the contributor terms. It would be similarly difficult for future
changes.

If we get an agreeable licence for the main sources of "non-survey" data
(I'm including at least Nearmap and the Bureau of Statistics data in that -
what about Yahoo?) then this becomes a little more manageable.

When so much data is derived this starts to get a lot more difficult. While
mapping the streets of Tamworth (NSW) was pretty much totally survey work,
there are still helpful things like Bureau of Statistics data marking creeks
and rivers. (e.g. Peel river) Is my data totally not derived in this case?

For walks I surveyed in Scotland, I did also look at the OS map for that
area, so arguably that data is also partly derived. Could this change be
kept, or would it need to be deleted?

 - Ben Kelley.

--
Ben Kelley