[talk-au] MS imagery

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Nov 25 03:20:19 GMT 2010

On 25 November 2010 03:00, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 November 2010 12:57, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> landuse, and at a stretch, bike paths etc. I guess John Smith will be
>> mapping out the boundaries of the coverage? Should be interesting.
>
> There is no news here until they actually allow it, so far they are
> claiming they can't.

Interesting choice of words.

http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2010/11/23/bing-engages-open-maps-community.aspx
"As a first step in this engagement, we plan to enable access to
Bing's global orthorectified aerial imagery, as a backdrop of OSM
editors"

Or Steve's blog:
http://blog.stevecoast.com/im-working-at-microsoft-and-were-donating-ima
"... Microsoft is donating access to it's global orthorectified aerial
imagery to help OpenStreetMappers make the map even better than it
already is."

Today and tomorrow are public holidays in the USA.

Regards
 Grant