[talk-au] Looks like Nearmap is gone from JOSM slippymap plugin

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:36:09 GMT 2010

Sorry If I am stupid here,
but is it not possible to use CC-BY data for tracing to create new
CC-BY-SA data, just not the other way around?
According to the compatibility chart,
http://learn.creativecommons.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/cclearn-explanations-cc-license-compatability.pdf

By can be used in BY-SA, just give attribution.

or am I missing something again? that is the problem when you create
all new licenses, no one understands them.
mike

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:59 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does this mean talks with Nearmap has failed to come to an amicable arrangement?
>
> From http://www.mail-archive.com/talk-au@openstreetmap.org/msg06524.html
>
> Where, Ben Last said:
>
> "I asked Richard F to remove NearMap support from Potlatch, since we didn't
> want to encourage anyone to add data to OSM which might be, or become,
> incompatible with the CTs."
>
> Seems like it just took a little longer for this to be reflected in
> the JOSM plugin.

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania
flossk.org flossal.org