[talk-au] A proposal to change Botany Bay into a relation

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 06:10:44 BST 2010

I see http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/67501581/ is used to
describe botany bay. Currently it is tagged as natural=coastline.
Since its name is "Botany Bay", would it be bad practice if I changed
it to natural=bay?

Also Botany Bay contains some small bays which are also part of Botany
Bay, so would it be best to split these smaller bays (like Woolooware
Bay) from the current way, then make a Botany Bay relation of the main
Botany Bay body and the smaller bays? Here is an .osm save from JOSM
of what I propose (I couldn't work out how to get JOSM to generate the
change file without uploading it to the OSM server, as I assume that
would be easier to read), http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=FPz6b5eh