[talk-au] A proposal to change Botany Bay into a relation

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:05:56 BST 2010

There was a change http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/6122754
where the Botany Bay was changed from natural=bay to natural=water,
and the coastline was added back around the bay counter the decision
for it to run along the coast and cut across the bay entrance. I
thought the outcome of this discussion was not to do this.

The history for way 67501581 (the main outer way for the Botany Bay
relation) seems to be,
markus_g: natural=coastline
markus_g: natural=bay
aharvey: I remove the natural tag and put natural=bay into the relation
swanilli: puts the natural=coastline tag back in
aharvey: i revert this asking swanilli to look at this thread if
he/she hasn't seen it and to please discuss why it should be coastline
swanilli: puts the natural=coastline tag back in

I don't know what I should do now, because there is clearly either
miscommunication or a difference of opinion.