[talk-au] [Fwd: [OpenStreetMap] Re: Marree, South Australia]

edodd at billiau.net edodd at billiau.net
Wed Oct 27 08:15:00 BST 2010

Subject: [OpenStreetMap] Re: Marree, South Australia
From:    "staehler" <m-141249-8c1a48 at messages.openstreetmap.org>
Date:    Wed, October 27, 2010 17:37
To:      edodd at billiau.net

Hi drlizau,

staehler has sent you a message through OpenStreetMap with the subject Re:
Marree, South Australia:

==
Hi,

you obviously found a patch which hasn't removed last time. I copied some
names and streets from google, sorry for this. I officially apologized for
my mistake, see attached mail. I'm going to remove my edits in marree and
please accept my apologize.

Best regards,
Michael

-----------------
Hi Neal,

I'll get support from Frederik (Germany). He is going to revert my
changes. After that OSM is clean from my edits.

I'll keep my enthusiasm for OSM :-)

Regards,
Michael

On Wed Apr 14 02:13:14 UTC 2010 NRS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes OSM is infectious. I don't know much about reverting changesets but
others who do seem to have taken up the query. I will leave it to them.

> Please keep your enthusiasm for OSM.
>
> Cheers
> Neal
>
> On Tue Apr 13 20:18:08 UTC 2010 staehler wrote:
>
> > Hi Neal,
> >
> > first of all please accept my appologise for my obvious mistakes I made.
> > I try to prepare my australia holiday and want to compile my own
garmin maps. Therefore I added some additional POIs and played with
JOSM. Accidentially the fuel POIs have been uploaded. I already
removed them from OSM.

> > But to be honest, after drawing overland roads from landsat I also
copied roads from google to complete some places of our planned route.
I didn't do this on different layers in JOSM and uploaded both to OSM,
the copied roads from google and the copied overland roads from
landsat. I couldn't stop my enthusiasm to the openstreetmap project
and walked the illegal way - I'm so sorry!

On 2010-10-26 20:24:55 UTC drlizau wrote:

> Staehler, from where did you get the street names in Marree? There isn't
a single street sign in the town.
==

You can also read the message at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/message/read/141249