[talk-au] Tags for bicycle friendly streets (Ride the City - Brisbane)

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:59:00 BST 2010

On 20 September 2010 11:39, Lachlan Rogers <lachlan at rogers.name> wrote:

> I've seen a few similar proposals come and go. Where did
>> "cyclerating=*" come from - did you just invent it? It would be much
>> better to combine forces with at least one existing proposal if
>> possible...
>>

> The idea would be a good one in Canberra.  I'd be happy to use the proposed
> "cyclerating" tag, but would also be interested in reading about some of the
> other proposals.  Where can I find them?

I would suggest talking about it internationally as one website
www.geovelo.fr is already using some similar concepts through not tagging. I
am sure they would be happy to have a coherent proposal put into place. Just
be aware that you will probably run into some discussion on tagging about
the relativeness of that kind of tagging i.e. like the smoothness debate.
It is likely to be a highly contentious proposal idea.

Emilie Laffray