[talk-au] OSM alternatives...

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 05:23:27 BST 2010

On 22 September 2010 14:16, Andrew Laughton <laughton.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> To me this means multiple username and password combinations, all with
> the same OSM site.
> I think you should spell out that we need JOSM to be able to be used
> on different mapping sites.

It would also be useful for switching between the OSM dev and live
servers too...

> Do you happen to know of any other mapping web sites ?
> I have not looked but I suspect a few people would at least be
> thinking about forking OSM.

There is only one public service that I'm aware of at this stage,
http://fosm.org (cc-by-sa)

There is a few others, but aren't accepting user submissions yet,
commonmap (cc-by) and USGS (CC0/PD)

There is a couple of others, but they are currently private.