[talk-au] Wiki + Data Sources + Licensing Categories

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Apr 7 14:03:43 BST 2011

On 7 April 2011 13:51, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 22:12 +1000, Ashley Kyd wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just trying to do a bit of research to catch up on the issues but
>> found the wiki a bit unhelpful. I've started categorising data sources
>> by license. If you have a spare moment or two and know of any I've
>> missed, please pop by and see if you can tag a few more.
>>
>> Particularly, are there any other Australian data sources other than
>> Nearmap that are CC BY-SA?
>
> Im pretty sure everything from data.gov.au and ABS is CC-BY-SA.  Fairly
> sure most of the imports (such as BP and shell) were done from CC-BY-SA
> datasets too, although John Smith would be able to confirm/deny that.

I contacted the nowwhere.com.au/MapData-Sciences who are managers of
the BP and Shell data in October 2010...

Their reply: "It is the property of BP and is intended as a service
for personal use only." (and Shell for the Shell data I assume)

I haven't yet had any luck contacting BP/Shell. MapData Sciences were
not helpful in providing a contact.

Regards
 Grant