[talk-au] Wiki + Data Sources + Licensing Categories

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Thu Apr 7 22:35:06 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 23:27 +1000, John Smith wrote:
> On 7 April 2011 23:03, Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com> wrote:
> > I contacted the nowwhere.com.au/MapData-Sciences who are managers of
> > the BP and Shell data in October 2010...

> Also the locations have been fixed for numerous locations so if you
> ever get in contact with anyone please let them know about OSM having
> more accurate data than they offer, I think 30km out is still the
> worst case.

When I travelled to Perth, I found (and fixed) some fuel stations that
were marked upto 100km from home.  'Eyre Highway, Cocklebiddy' for
example refers to a road almost 400km between 3 roadhouses.  Ive fixed a
few of these, but like others I have a lot of corrections I found and
tagged in my GPS, but which Im unsure about processing and uploading.
(And thats not just my excuse for not wanting to look at 35mb worth
of .gpx and .osm files)

David