[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-dev] To OSM editor authors

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Fri Apr 8 00:43:42 BST 2011

On 08/04/11 07:30, {withheld} wrote:

> VNT-2: You didn't upload the traces to OSM, and thus have the capability
> to legitimately download them again; do you? Worth checking:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/<your-OSM-id>/traces.

Unfortunately no.  The few traces I've uploaded have been the "pure"
ones, where I've kept in the traffic lane.  When I'm mapping, I tend to
wander around and mark waypoints that I make notes about.  It all makes
sense to me if I process it when I get home.  But I don't want other
mappers being mislead by my meanderings, as I'm often mapping roads
which have no traces already.

John H