[talk-au] Nearmap resolution in JOSM

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 00:01:10 BST 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Nathan Odgers <n.p.odgers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I use JOSM (3966) on OSX
> (10.6.7) and the high-resolution Nearmap imagery over Sydney is very poor
> quality compared to what I get in Merkaartor. Nearmap in Merkaartor is nice
> and sharp at high-zoom, whereas it's much more pixellated at about the same
> zoom level in JOSM. Not quite sure why this is, in JOSM, because as far as I
> can tell, I've configured everything correctly, and I have the maximum zoom
> level set to 26. Not sure if this happens in Windows or other OSs. Any
> ideas? Is this a known issue, or am I just doing something wrong?

There are two max zoom level settings. In Preferences, under the
Imagery Preferences (left tab), under Settings (top tab), under TMS
Settings make sure the "Max zoom lvl" is something larger than or
equal to 24, then under the Imagery providers tab make sure the zoom
in the zoom column is again >= 24.