[talk-au] How to tag reaches (segments of a waterway)?

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Apr 10 05:22:05 BST 2011

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:54:53 +1000
Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> Have we got some other word for the smaller part of the waterway?

Just checking my ancient brain synapses with some help from online
reach [intransitive verb] 5.  Nautical To sail with the wind abeam.
reach [noun] 6.  Nautical The tack of a sailing vessel with the wind
	 7. The stretch of water visible between bends in a river or

taken from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reach

so a river in English can consist of bends and reaches

More information about the Talk-au mailing list