[talk-au] Fwd: [OSM-dev] To OSM editor authors

Neal Schulz neal.schulz at internode.on.net
Mon Apr 11 00:03:44 BST 2011

Hi,

This sums up me too. After years of mapping in Australia (when I
started in Tasmania the map was literally blank) the threat of data
deletion is the most de-motivating thing ever. I have used nearmap so
I am of the understanding I CAN'T accept the terms. I also agree that
many who accept probably have no idea of the legal issues and will be
creating tainted data.

I am waiting for an outcome and hoping for the best but the longer I
wait the the more de-motivated I become and the community has
certainly lost momentum. There is no incentive to keep mapping while
there is a chance all of your work will be deleted in the future.

Like Michael sometimes I can't help myself and do some more mapping,
but it still feels futile.

Cheers,
Neal