[talk-au] Transponders mistagged

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:00:42 BST 2011

On 22 April 2011 18:35, Gary Gallagher <g.null.device at gmail.com> wrote:
>    I've been rereading the wiki entry. Is it proposing a structure in
> which each transponder is first created as a node labeled
> "man_made=communications_transponder" each with all their details. Than
> they are grouped as a relation with the
> "type=communication_tower_group". Presumably the group could also have
> height for the mast and other information?

The ACMA data listed the height for the antenna on the mast, the
relation links to the mast node as well as storing information about
the individual antenna in a relation.

If we were to store each antenna as a node it would most likely get
merged, as many of other nodes have been merged by others in the past.