[talk-au] Tragedy of the commons...

Leon Kernan lkernan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:14:52 BST 2011

> If you are running linux then it's easy.
>
> Download a planet file from where ever.
>
> Extract the au data using osmosis.
>
> Use the au data as you normally would.
>
> Just out of curiosity what are you using the data in.

At the moment i dump OSM data into a sqlite database with the spatialite
addon.
I've got a computer installed in my car and the applications i've written
use the data to provide navigation and a few other features.

Setting all that up isn't worthwhile at the moment while someone else is
able to provide extracts already prepared.
Also a lot of bandwidth i don't have to get that first planet file.

I guess it is something to think about when i get locked out of osm however.