[talk-au] How many NearMap users do you think have accepted the new CTs and ODbL?

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Apr 26 19:15:31 BST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Weait" <richard at weait.com>
To: "OSM Australian Talk List" <talk-au at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [talk-au] How many NearMap users do you think have accepted the
new CTs and ODbL?

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:24 AM, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au>
> wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering this question tonight.
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> This only shows where there is clear evidence of licence violations
>> without having to look past the data's tags.
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> Food for thought
>
> "Junk food" at best.  ;-)  OSM is currently published under CC-By-SA.
> There is no current "violation", even if what you suggest would be
> considered a "violation".  We already know that some contributors have

But I thought that Nearmap has said that they did not think the CT's were
compatible with the use of their data.  As I understood it this had nothing
to do with CC-BY-SA or ODbL.

So the issue as I understand it is the CT's, and so anyone who has used
Nearmap as a source and has agreed to the CT's is in violation of both
Nearmap's licence, and the CT's.

Of course my understanding of Nearmap's position may be wrong, and I suspect
they (Ben?) will be able to clarify matters.

Regards

David