[talk-au] Reassurance and Licensing

Tim Challis Tim.Challis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:24:18 BST 2011

On 27/04/11 07:06, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:17:33 +0100
> Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately there are some very vocal (anonymous) members of the
>> Australian community who seem intent on creating a virtual "Us vs
>> Them" conflict in the community with exaggerated claims and mistruths.
>
> We aren't anonymous.
> We have names, and we do know each other.
> Whether we share our names with persons outside Australia is our
> business.
>
> There is definitely a major problem with the future of OSM in Australia.
> Writing nincompoop essays on this mailing list about "we are here to
> help you" does not convince us otherwise.

Hang on, let me just don my disguise as an anonymous bully
[http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Wynndale/diary/13669].

I really think the time has come when we should really thank people
Grant, Richard et al for their valuable and intelligent contributions to
the discussion. I'm gushing, I know. But let me continue with my
unfettered admiration.

These people are so smart that they just *know* those ignorant hicks in
the antipodes are too stupid to know their own minds without pressure
tactics like the odious odbl.de. Oh, I nearly forgot - I'm the bully.

(And what is it Grant that you have now *twice* in 24-hours attempted to
publicly distance yourself from the U.K.? As if that makes you any more
credible than your already stellar reputation?)

Anyway, these poor bullied individuals should be given all the support
they desire; as their embarrassing performances are simply ensuring the
cohesion and loyalty of all those they attack.

Just a thought - if we are all anonymous then how do we band together?
We'd never recognise one another. Haven't thought this one out properly.

Now, how do I get out of this restrictive Dalek* costume?

	Anon.

*The heirs of Terry Nation did not authorise this misuse of trademark.