[talk-au] navit and bays/coastline around Sydney

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:16:26 BST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Franc Carter <franc.carter at gmail.com> wrote:
>Yep - I will look in to that but from looking in to the code it looks
>hard(ish) as I don't see a generic approach for dealing with ways that
>are concatenated to form closed way.

Navit would then have problems rendering any multipolygon relations
made up of multiple segments. Though not all the area bays are like
this some are just regular closed ways at the moment.

> Yes, there is an examples of this across Port Hacking with a coastline
> tag runnnig across open water. Conceptually wrong I think, but needed
> in practice fro rendering to have any chance.

Yep, and I added the coastline=imaginary tag to indicate that the line
tagged as coastline which crosses the mouth of the river is not a real
coastline, rather it is there to help existing software that doesn't
like breaks in the coastline.