[talk-au] Where did the town go?

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Thu Dec 1 11:34:14 GMT 2011

On 01/12/2011, at 6:15 PM, Andrew Harvey wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM, John Henderson <snowgum at gmx.com> wrote:
>> Lake Cargelligo township shows mapped streets at this zoom level:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.3081&lon=146.3792&zoom=12&layers=M
>>
>> but disappears as you zoom in from there.  The detail is also missing in
>> JOSM.  I presume it used to be there.
>> What is going on?
>
> Deleted by user: cc_cleaner in changeset
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/9915617

User "cc-cleaner"? I've had a quick look at some of the changesets, and they all seem to be just deleting things. I have a suspicion that the things being deleted are by users who haven't agreed to the new license, but I didn't think we were up to this stage yet.

Should we get all of these changesets undone?

I've also just noticed that most of Cobar has gone. I did some edits on the way through in May, some of these have been left alone, but some have disappeared completely or been replaced by highway=road.

As one example, here is Louth Road:

This is just a stub, this used to link on to the other roads. No idea why this has been done, as I *have* agreed to the new license, so my edits don't need to be done again. (This was done by Firefishy, who doesn't even live in Australia - I've just sent him a message to enquire about this particular way.)

Mark P.