[talk-au] ABS [ ODbL data.gov.au permission granted]

Luke Woolley lswoolley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 23:58:34 GMT 2011

I personally want them kept. Now that we have bing imagery covering more areas, there is less reliance on using them for getting other data (creeks and roads) out of the boundaries. When we imported the boundaries, all we had was crappy yahoo and GPS traces. I think users know to not touch them now unless they know a suburb boundary has moved in reality. It also means we don't have to use the http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:is_in tag for roads and POI's as the boundaries automatically give the features a suburb/town location, which is useful for sites like Open MapQuest and GPS apps like Skobbler and Navfree.