[talk-au] Residential Roads

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 03:46:50 GMT 2011

On 11 December 2011 11:54, mick <bareman at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> In northern Brisbane I have yet to see anything that shows you are moving
> into a 50kph default zone.

In Queensland the 50kph limit applies to all "built up areas" unless the
street is marked otherwise.  They don't mark the individual areas, though
they used to have some signs as you entered SE Qld, back when it only
applied there.  They may still have some on the NSW border, they used to.

I was once present when somebody asked a cop what the definition of a built
up area was - his answer was they know it when they see it, which wasn't
helpful.  Some are obvious, it was the border cases that he was being asked
about. How big do the housing blocks have to be before an area is not built
up any more? The closest he got to a definite answer was that if it had
streetlights, then it would be considered built up. But there are edge
cases even there.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/attachments/20111211/6c172566/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-au mailing list