[talk-au] I deleted a few locality boundaries...

El Segundo Can't win el_segundo_cant_win at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 18 05:43:13 GMT 2011

I deleted a few locality boundaries in my local area, because they were irritating me and getting in the way of re-mapping all the tainted ways and nodes.

I thought I would rebuild them using actual streets and other physical boundaries (this is my local area, I know where they are), rather than the under and in the way thing that most locality boundaries are, plus they'd be CT compliant to boot.

but then I thought, maybe I should take the big picture and wait for a new import, maybe even an official gazetted locality dataset. It would certainly save me time right now. If I do that though, the plain deletion could be seen as vandalism.

I don't think doing both is a great idea, because any boundaries I build will just be an annoyance when/if an import is done.

Are there any opinions on the matter, strong or not?