[talk-au] I deleted a few locality boundaries...

Ian Sergeant inas66+osm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:24:16 GMT 2011

On 19 December 2011 11:50, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:

> As I said and it's been said many times before other items should not be
> attached to boundaries.

If a boundary IS a coastline, sharing a way isn't wrong.  Would you really
create two ways that are fully coincident?

There is details on the wiki about separating the rivers etc from the
> boundaries.  Look under Australian Tagging Guidelines.

I'm sure I could find another wiki page which says the opposite.  The
sharing object debate is as old as OSM.

As for the relevance to ABS import - if a river location is derived from
non-CT data, it should be deleted as it is derived from a work that hasn't
been relicenced.  This applies whether the river and the boundary share an
object or not - makes no difference.

Ian.