[talk-au] Remapping Sydney's railways

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:37:54 GMT 2011

Okay just an update on this, and coming across some issues that will
affect anyone trying to salvage so-called 'good' nodes..

I'm working on a section now... I see about 90% of the nodes along
this way are 'red'... so let's delete them and try to salvage some
good nodes. Now we're left with a small number of nodes... but hang
on... these are all yellow (i.e. possible data loss). Look at the
history of them... they all have revisions by CT-decliners - and so
far, the revisions all are changes to their coordinates.

So do I leave these partly-good yellow nodes, thus allowing them to
revert back to an unpredictable location in the future?

I have not yet come across a 'clean' node in the area I'm working on,
not to mention the amount of time it takes to investigate each node
and the reason why it's yellow. It's really not practical for a
railway system with 100's of km of track that will contain thousands
of nodes.

There are some sections of track in Sydney which are probably clean,
so I'll obviously leave these - but for the sake of efficiency, it's
definitely not practical to check the version history of every yellow
node during this remap exercise.

BJ