[talk-au] Relicensing per changeset?

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 00:38:17 GMT 2011

On 3 February 2011 09:28, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> I also wonder how this works, using your example, if the user had
> entered street names and then another user came along and fixed a
> spelling mistake in one which they had surveyed themselves.  When the
> changeset is relicenced, you have v1 of an object under a non-compatible
> licence, and v2 is compatible, so what happens to the object?

It goes away.  All objects get rolled back to the last valid state
that have no unlicensed edits before them.  So any object where v1 is
unlicensed is gone, no matter how many changes have been done to it
since.

This is one reason I have stopped doing any work around my area, until
this mess gets sorted out.  I suspect that all this area is going to
go away, so any work I do in the meantime is wasted, whether it is in
itself valid or not.

Stephen