[talk-au] waterway=coastline

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 02:57:36 GMT 2011

On 3 February 2011 10:45, Simon Biber <simonbiber at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> The coastline is ideally placed at the average high tide position. So these
> lakes should be fully on the ocean side of the coastline.

That would be ok most of the time, but as others have pointed out
there is always going to be things that aren't deemed coastline by
most that meet virtually any criteria you can come up with.

I think it makes most sense to map the coastline as the actual coast
line, and anything that is "inland" should be mapped as rivers and
what not regardless if they are tidal or salty or ... simply because
most people wouldn't consider them to be coast line, they're rivers or
what not.