[talk-au] Fwd: HOT for Cyclone Yasi

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 10:30:53 GMT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shoaib Burq <shoaib at nomad-labs.com>
Date: 3 February 2011 20:12
Subject: Re: HOT for Cyclone Yasi
To: Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com>
Cc: John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>, Kashif Rasul
<kashif.rasul at gmail.com>, hotosm at gmail.com

I am not sure if there are any specific needs yet.

Mapping and Planning Support Group (MAPS) http://maps-group.org had
had deployments to Red Cross QLD for the last 4-5 weeks and in the
last few days they had been providing maps of suburbs that would need
evacuating. They have also been creating maps of suburb demographics.
I expect the control room of Red Cross and other agencies is very very
busy right now.

more soon

Shoaib